Alec Goes Big

It’s great to see watch Alec’s evole as an artist. Here is some pics of his mural on La Cienega and 3rd.

Street Art Mural by Alec

You might also be interested in: :

Comments (16)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

1. johanna says:

wow! i really love this! props to you alec

2. Fantastic Post.
    Alecs new Twiggy piece is amazing

3. JuJu says:

beautiful! hope to see it.

4. ali says:

Paintings pictures of celebrities is not art.he is the most unoriginal street artist in LA.

5. Pablo Perez says:

Warhol, Shepard Fairey… there is long tradition of it Ali

6. Pablo Perez says:

Just curious Ali..who do you like and think are great artist, just so we know where your coming from.

7. Pablo, is this your site? I have some new flicks from San Diego. I was there this past weekend for Viva La Revolucion and spotted some new Obey as well as Invader’s all over town. Also some other nice work. I couldn’t find your email here so shoot me an email if you’d like ‘em. HitmanForHireLA@gmail.com

8. frank says:

Trash this is garbage. Cool, rip off something else next week. I fucking hate the lack of everything that is put into this “artists” work… more like poor design and paint by numbers. I agree with Ali. Over it.

9. ali says:

Paint by numbers could not be more accurate. Painting for attention is even more dead on. If you want to see real artists, check out Marilyn Minter or Terry Rogers. They are very much a in tune with pop culture without replicating images with no depth.

10. bobo says:

LAMMMMMEEEEEE not to say that this is not art but come on… Alec if you see this… LOOK INTO YOURSELF AND MAKE SOMETHING WITH DEPTH !!! i wish i could have painted a big wall like that shittt…

11. Liam Rae says:

Ali if your consider a bunch of over sexualized images to be art it is very clear where your state o mind is at.

very poisend

12. Septerhed says:

I love Alecs “Monopoly” work and everything he does that is not celebrity related. I have always been a fan of his. I love 95% of the mural up above….I just wish there wasnt a celebrity. in it. I am assuming that maybe there were some guidelines to the subject matter of what should be included. Maybe not who knows. I mean we live in Hollywood. Celebrity art just instantly turns off my head. Its so weird. I love the Monopoly character stuff…and he is a celebrity….but I feel somehow that its a little different than real celebrities. Maybe because he is a cartoon. If anyone can explain this better please let me know? Thats just a personal opinion though. I don’t really care as much for any celebrity art as more original stuff. I know that Alec is a great artist and is definitely going places. Keep rocking Alec!!!! GEt up Stay Up!!!!!

13. MUERTE-H.C. says:

Don’t we all paint for attention, to foist our outlook on others? Come up with an idea, put it out there and wait for the reaction. The street is free as long as you’re willing to accept the consequences of your actions good or bad.

Isn’t everything formulaic to an extent, everyone for the last 500 years that has put brush to canvas, plaster to wall has followed rules (or numbers).

It takes ganas to get up on a wall, come up with an idea and even more flair to get someone to let you do it.
    If “your two year old could do it” why don’t they?

No depth???? Technically everything applied to a two dimensional surface by application has “no depth”. Does that mean that only “art in tune” with pop culture (whatever that is) and of depth is hanging in a gallery is art? Throw down a little more bobo…and by the way just to throw a dig in here for fun, do you know what bobo means in spain?

I’m sick of brown/grey/white walls, color is a welcomed addition whether I understand it or not.

14. Septerhed says:

Its also funny to me when anyone discusses art. ART IS SUBJECTIVE. There are no winners or losers, no fact or fiction, only opinions and friction. Also, as far as evolving goes I would say that Alec is right on course. Where I live, you can’t go a block without seeing an Alec piece. For what its worth, Alec has motivated and inspired me on many levels….and that shits RAD. So whether or not I agree with his subject matter is meaningless. Lastly…I’m just another artist…What the Fuck do I know?

15. ion says:

If paintings/portrayals of celebrities are not art, then Rembrandt’s not an artist. Ditto Leonardo Da Vinci, Wyndham Lewis….the list goes on.

What eye like about the above mural is that while it suggests repetition, if you actually look at each of the blond ladies, they’re each quite individual – this is not a single stencil used several times.

There are also many other nice little elements to this piece. Eye especially like the blood on the woman’s shoe.

Septerhed says above, “art is subjective” – i say taste is subjective. Art is many things to many people. For me, it’s creative expression, and it’s a wide lovely world with lots of room, fortunately, for everyone.

Keep on doing what you do, practice, refine, re-define, evolve. Debate is healthy, and adds fuel to the fires of expression.

Nice work, Alec.

16. ror says:

such haters. Alec is killing it right now. he is an amazing artist.